National Ethnic Disability Alliance (NEDA) is a national Disabled People's Organisation (DPO) that advocates federally for the human rights of people with disability, and their families, from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) and non-English speaking backgrounds (NESB).
We are a founding member of Disabled People’s Organisations Australia (DPOA).
We are a community based, non-government organisation funded by the Department of Social Services (DSS). We have a small secretariat and are governed by a council of state/territory and community representatives; as a DPO, the majority of our Councillors are required to be people with disability from migrant or refugee backgrounds.
- People from CALD with disability, their families and carers are individuals who have the right to be respected for their human worth and dignity, and to be free from all forms of discrimination.
- People from CALD with disability, their families and carers are experts in knowing how they want to receive services and supports.
- All our activities must take into account the views and experiences of people from CALD with disability, their families and carers.
- The interests of all people in society are best served by establishing equal rights and opportunities for people from CALD with disability, their families and carers.
- We are accountable to people from CALD with disability, their families and carers and to the agencies who provide our funds.
- We are open, honest and transparent in our relationships.
Disability rights and cultural diversity are valued as essential to an equitable society.
We advocate for our rights as people with disability from CALD backgrounds through providing our voice and participation to represent our experiences and determine policy in, and practice in, all matters that affect us.
Our Strategic Direction
Please click here to download the 2018 copy of our strategic plan.
Mission Statement in your preferred language
Please use the links below to download and read NEDA's Mission Statement. The document has been made available in seven languages, please choose the language you prefer.